Sunday, October 29, 2006

Open Sesame



On a totally different note, check out these great articles on the new take on room dividers and ways to break up those open floors plans. In recent years with the emphasis on open, the living room, runs into the dining room, runs into the kitchen, runs into the office, runs into the bedroom, and on it goes. They can be great given the right space or a bit of a challenge. And don’t lie, I know there are those of you out there that are screaming, “give me my separate dining room.” Is it possible to have your cake and it eat too? I think so. I love the idea of making space flexible, and I’ve done it for years with screens and fabric. Now it’s easier then ever.

Divide and Conquer
High-style, low cost room dividers
(Right up my alley and for those that are “commitment” shy.)

Photo courtesy of Industrial Revolution