Monday, September 11, 2006

9/11


So where you when the planes hit the World Trade Center? I don't think I'll ever forget. I was at home getting ready for another day, watching Good Morning America. They broke away because a plane had hit one of the towers and everyone was speculating about what conditions could have caused a plane to fly into one of the tallest buildings in New York City...weather, malfunction of plane controls, etc....all the "typical" things. When the second plane came into view there was silence followed by a collective gasp of disbelief when it to flew into the other tower. It was immediately apparent that this was no accident. Do we live in a different world today then we did 5 years ago? I think most people would say yes, but I think it has more to do with perspective then the world actively changing. For me, it has given me a new appreciation of life and a new patriotism that I personally had never felt. Not to sound cliche, but I firmly live by the principal that everything happens for a reason and 9/11 was no exception. There is a lesson to be learned for all of us as individuals and as a country, let's hope we have taken and continue to take full advantage of this opportunity.