Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Another satisfied client....

I always love feedback from former clients, good and bad. It's one of those things that really helps me improve the services I am able to provide to my future clients and let's me know what I'm doing right. One of the things that I learned early on in this business is that no two clients are alike and you need to be flexible and adjust to the client. Some need lots of guidance and time, others simply know what they want and when they see the right home they jump. Some get up close and personal, while others keep their personal life, well, personal. I think it's very important to respect their needs, wishes and their boundaries.

Here's some feedback I received from two recent and very different clients.

"We came from the suburbs looking for a second home in the city and we had no idea where to start. We met Rebecca at an Open House and were instantly impressed with her professional demeanor and her sincere interest in our needs. She took charge of our home search and a couple of weeks later, we found the type of condo we were looking for, all due to her hard work and research. She continued her top-notch service throughout the escrow process, attended our closing, and really took the time to get to know us. Thank you, Rebecca for helping us find a fantastic condo in the city!"
- Michelle and Pete

"It was a pleasure working with Rebecca on finding and buying my new condo. Rebecca is very responsive, straightforward and upfront. She followed through promptly on all the commitments she made. Most important, Rebecca displayed great energy, but without being "pushy" in any way. Although my experience with her is on the buy side, I certainly
recommend her to anyone interested in either buying or selling property in Chicago."
- Michael

And speaking of feedback...let me know what you think of the information on my blog. Let me know what you'd like to see more of, less of, whatever it is I'd love to hear it.