Thursday, September 07, 2006

Last Hoorah for summer


If you don't have any big plans for the weekend and you don't mind crowds (my husband has a major aversion to them, how he ever came to love the city is beyond me), the 2nd Annual Lakeview East Fine Arts Festival is going on this weekend on Broadway between Belmont and Roscoe. I myself has never been, but with Chicago's long history of art festivals, I'm sure its bound to be good. While it might be smaller then some of the long-running festivals like the Gold Coast and Old Town/Wells Street festivals, they seem to have made some additions to the typical art festival agenda. They will be having an arts and craft tent for kids and yes, its hands on or in, depending on the child. My personal favorite is the fashion show that will be taking place on Sunday. I unfortunately won't be able to attend, but let me know how it was!